1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

800 hd fuse problem

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Steel 05, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Steel 05

Steel 05 Junior Member

Hello, I've got an issue I can't figure out. I keep blowing the joy stick fuse. Can't figure out why. I replaced the fuses with 30 amp. that stopped the blowing of the fuses, but now plow will move up,down, and angle left. It will not angle to right. The pump kicks in so there is power going to the plow when angled to right. It just wont go. I switched plows and joysticks same problem. So I know it is not the plow end. Can't figure it out. thanks
  2. damian

damian Senior Member

dont ever run more than 15a fuse in this plow you will damage the diod pack or joystick..it is not the joystick fuse,it is the control system fuse,always look at the hard to see spots thats always where people fall short,get in there and pull the truck side harness out where you can see it all around. go to work or you will never find it.you got a rub through on the right angle control wire and when you put the 30a fuse in the already 1\2 cut wire it burned through. good luck
  3. Steel 05

Steel 05 Junior Member

Thanks for the response. I pulled off the grill of the truck. followed the group of wires didn't find anything that look pinched or cut. I think it's in the connection from the truck. I'll giggle it and move it a little, it will work for a few min. then go back to the way it was. I think I'll take it to the dealer. Thanks for your input.
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Repair truck-side harness is 150ish. That, plus labor, is what you'll be looking at.
  5. articstorm

articstorm Member

When I first had my 860 SW I had similar problems. It would constantly blow fuses. work great then not that well sometimes. It eventually stopped working all together. Had to have the truck side wiring harness replaced because one of the wires was burned inside. After it was replaced the very first time I took it out it blew the fuse. Replaced it, finished the job went home and it blew again. Then realized when the plow would go all the way right it would pull the wiring harness apart just slightly and it was shorting out. I had remove some of the grease that was forcing it apart also and then zip tie it together and it hasn't had another issue since. Knock on wood. Thats been roughly 200 hours of plowing ago. Also two dealers I spoke with about this had to replace truck side harneses that same season on new plows, (2008-2009). Good luck and let us know what you figure out.