1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' X blade price

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Dec 2, 2014.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Local ford dealer shows 6,450 for new 8' x blade on new F250 xlt. Seems high. 6,450 I would have thought to be XV2 or XLS price. Does this price seem a bit too high??

2. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

My 8.5 XV2 installed was ~$6400 w/tax and they threw in a whelen guardian light bar.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it does for a straight blade

4. chevyzrule810

Which dealer gave you that price?

5. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

I just paid $5500 cash and carry for 8.5 XV2 yellow plow. That price is way too high for a straight blade either yellow or stainless. I would shop it if I were you.

6. You can definitely do better than that...shop around, make some calls. A bit of a ride from Medford but you should definitely check out Langs Corner Garage in Rye NH. Great pricing. Awesome to deal with. They have all their plows pre assembled. You can make apt, drive up there, they will do the on truck stuff and you drive away with your plow....and no sales tax.

7. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

It was Bonnell Ford in Winchester MA. The plow comes with the truck. The truck had the factory sticker on it and then off to the side it said "Snow Plow" <price> and then a TOTAL MSRP price including the plow. I said to myself, that is a hell of a lot of money for a stainless 8' X-Blade. I would have thought V-blade or XLS for that price.

Im fairly new to the game but do have a question in regards to XLS vs. XV. What really is the major difference with the two? I know the XV plow can break roads open but they both "scoop" in their own way. If one was to do mainly city and driveway plowing, would the XLS be better? Cant see much use for a XV when plowing roads.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  8. chevyzrule810

An xls can expand up to 10 feet,both wings in to make it a pusher or one wing to keep snow infront of plow when going along cars and curbs

9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I have an XV. I have a lot of long driveways that go uphill and a couple parking lots. I love my V for the " breaking through" power you mention. Plus, it can be a pusher if you add wings (600$) a V or a scoop plow. I prefer the V over the Straight or XLS.
    One of my videos
    http://youtu.be/i782naZ1HIQ

10. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. Are dealers still selling XVs or only XV2s now? Seems like the XV2 is stronger with the beefier center pin. But damn both of these are heavy ass plows!!!

11. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

What year F250? 2003.5? and up shouldn't have any issues supporting it. D60 Front.