1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Western Uni Mounting Question!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blue sky guy, Jan 13, 2014.

1. blue sky guy

blue sky guy Junior Member

My 02' Chevy 2500HD truck mount is ready to be replaced after moving tons of snow for years. The plow is freakin' solid! Works fine. The problem I'm having is what do I do about getting a new mount attachment?? Do I have to switch to the Conversion Ultra to Unimount Kit? Has anyone done this? Looking forward to the answer!!:D
  2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Depends on how new of a truck you get. Most likely you will need the ultra to uni adapter. I would make sure you price it all out vs selling your plow and getting a new/used one.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I have installed a few of those ultra to Uni adapters and personally I think they suck! They are a good solution for people who buy a new truck and just can't swing the cash for the new plow too so they make the old plow work for just one more year and then they buy a new plow and it hooks right up. Then they sell the adapter to some other desperate sucker who just needs to get by.... The adapter hangs way too low to the ground and pushes the plow about a foot further ahead of the truck putting extra strain on the truck front end. If you have the cash just get a new fleet flex ultra mount plow for the new truck, spend a bit more and save the headaches. Upgrade to modern technology, get rid of the relays and the dinky little lights too. You will get good money from someone who has a truck with uni-mount who needs a "solid" plow.
  4. blue sky guy

blue sky guy Junior Member

Hey, Good news! Had a Dealer install the Ultra Mount mounting kit. Had the adapter added. What a difference it made! $750 out the door in a day and half considering all the other contractor trucks in for service that week. I appreciate everyones input! I have used the new mount and everything is fine. It did make the plow stick out further, but it seems to work better for my Chevy. Go figure!!