1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' western ultra mount pro angle ram

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by obrut, Nov 3, 2015.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I noticed that one of my angle rams is leaking on my plow. I did a little research and it looks like I can get a seal kit to fix it. The rams are in great shape, no rust or pitting. It seams like it easy to change unless there is some magic that needs to happen. What is the part number for the seal kit?

I also was looking for the part number of a replacement ram just in case it needs more than a seal. The part numbers I found seem like they have been superseded by a new number but I couldn't get a clear answer.

Tim

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hi Tim,
    the 48985 works on all ultramount cylinders. It's a nut with the orings on it. If you end up needing a complete angle cylinder, on a pro that would be a 56614.

3. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thanks for the part numbers. I'm going to pull mine apart and check to make sure the piston isn't bent before buying anything. Is it better to buy the seals with the glade nut or can I just do seals and use the old glade nut?