1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Western Pro Plus Ultramount - New This Season!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by captadamnj, Jan 15, 2011.

1. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

8' Western Pro Plus Ultramount w/deflector, new Oct. '10, plowed 4 times in Jersey this year, basically plow is like new. Originally bought plow for doing larger commercial, but type of work has changed to smaller commercial, have the chance to upgrade to an MVP so I'm doing it. Currently mounted on '07 Classic GMC 2500 (old body style), but may have opportunity to get you mostly all new truck side mounts/electrical when I get my new plow since the MVP will use everything currently on my truck (only need to change out the controller/harness and the battery cable). Western wings included. Ready to go. Asking $4300 for everything, and willing to deliver within 75 miles of zip code 08087. Open to offers on separation of wings and/or truck vs. plow side equipment. Will post a pic on Sunday.

2. dove33

dove33 Junior Member
    from SEPA

How much for just the blade w/ wings and controller. Thanks

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

what do you want for the wings?

4. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Here are two images, PM's sent. Plow stored inside the tent shed depicted when not in use.

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  5. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Since I've gotten some inquiries different ways, here are a couple of breakdowns -

Asking -

$4300 for complete package including wings
    $3900 plow side + controller + wings
    $425 wings alone

Willing to deliver as described to save you $$.

Please PM to further discuss/make offers. Thanks.

6. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Someone asked for pic of plow with wings on, here you go...

plow.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  7. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

hey just curious can you put wings on a mid-weight?

i am not thinking with my current truck, but maybe next truck that i put the thing on.

8. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

The Western brand are not plug and play, only with the Pro Plus and the MVP. You would have to modify the frame/wings to devise a mounting method.

An aftermarket set of wings would be a better option.

9. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

thanks for the info capta

10. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

What is the price for the plow side only with the wings? I have a western pro plow now and it looks like it has the same hook ups. Do the wings make enough difference to spend the money to change the plow?

11. mule585

mule585 Member

Would you be willing to ship just the wings to zip 14059

12. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

$3750 plow side + wings, no controller.

Assuming you have a 3 plug truck side Ultramount setup, it would be a direct swap. Plug it in and go. The wings are a huge time saver if you are doing 100'+ runs. I do very little cleanup with the wing attached to the leading edge when windrowing. Also great for containment when stacking. You can also use them to cut down snow banks as the leading edge is practically straight ahead when the plow is angled so it's like a knife. First year plowing with wings and had no idea what a time saver they are.

13. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

Capt,
    I am talking to a guy about selling my current plow to upgrade to this since it will be a easy swap out. Is your plow still for sale with the wings? Just checking...
    Thanks

14. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Call me - 609-618-0366

15. marcelo

marcelo Junior Member

still have it?
    call me 516-852-2428

16. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Supposed to be picked up this week, if it doesn't work out I will contact you, thanks for looking.

17. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Sold, thank you! Still have a controller, will post separately.

18. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

No Thank you Capt, Good doing business with you!!!