1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Western plow, upstate NY

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lumps, Feb 6, 2011.

1. lumps

lumps Senior Member

8' Western Unimount pro plow. Lights work, plow works fine (been plowing until I took truck off road a week ago). Hoses just replaced last year, as well as one of the harnesses. Also has shoes, they're just not on it in pics. Includes controller, DOES NOT include mount, available for an extra $300. Asking $1,300.

2. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

What year is the plow? I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500, how much would be involved to get this plow up and running on my truck?
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Probally going to have to buy all new frame door an ultra mount then an adaptor back to a unimount because the don't make unimount frame for new trucks
  4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Sorry frame and adaptor and possibly wire harness
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

John has it right....not to kill the possible sale but you're better off finding a ultra mount for your truck.
  6. Watkins

Watkins Member

It's not difficult to built the frame for the carriage and a faceplate to mount the unimount to, it just comes down to measuring another one, cutting and welding a faceplate together.

The stock unimount brackets for the frame were not very heavy duty in the 1st place as it's not a commercial plow unit.

It's better to remake all the brackets and a-frame with 3/8 steel or better.
    Never forget to add xtra bolts to the inside of the carriage through the frame it adds alot of support to the carriage/frame.

I built my own a-frame and plow mount/carriage in about 4.5 hours.
  7. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I'll sell it complete for $1,600. Includes the mount and factory adapter. Currently on an '03 2500.

Western ultramount truck mount:
    Mount#969 Part #63883-2
    2003-2009 4x4 Ram 2500 & 3500
    2006-2009 4x4 Ram 1500 Mega Cab
  8. lumps

lumps Senior Member

$1,300 complete, $1,100 without the truck side/adapter.