1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Western Conventional Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JTS Plow, Jul 27, 2011.

1. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

Hi my name is Jesse and i am 19 trying to get into the plowing business early and i bought an 8' Western Conventional Plow that came off a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton i have a 95 GMC 1/2 ton i figured it would just bolt right up and when i tried to do this recently i couldnt figure out where the undercarriage bolts too. If anyone could tell me where to bolt it up to that would be much appreciated. and i think there may be some parts missing i dont know for sure help on that would be nice to.
    Thank You Jesse
    *the bumper is already off the truc

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

we will need some pictures if possible. should bolt right on except for 2 holes on the thrust arms.

3. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

Ok I'll try to get some up tomorrow

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

go to western's website. click on the technical library and find your truck. they have great diagrams that make it very clear.

5. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

i tried it on westerns website but the pictures didnt show all the mounting parts clearly

6. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

7. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

8. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

those are links to pictures of the parts i have to work with

9. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your links dont work.

the parts western show are the ones you must have.

10. JTS Plow

JTS Plow Junior Member

Could u send me the link with the pictures on the western site please

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

12. iowa snow

iowa snow Junior Member
    from iowa

Hi there new to the snow plowing game, I bought a truck with a plow and the A-Frame is twisted I think or I have truck mounting problems. When I unpin it the pin block is lower on the passenger side of the a -frame than the drivers side of the a- frame. Got it for a real good price it is a western conventional or UniMount they both take the same a-frame (at least from the home work I have done) .Now for the problem I am having the blade will angle to the left just fine and go back straight but when I angle to the right It will go just fine, but when I try to bring it back it gets stuck in the right position, If I keep working at it, it moves it just takes some working at it. Trying to find a used a-frame a new one is $380 central parts .com anyone think of where I can get a-frame used or could it b something else