1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Wesetern V Box for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by John from OH, Feb 23, 2009.

1. John from OH

John from OH Member

8’ Western V Box. I bought this as a back up in January of ‘08. When I bought it sight unseen, other than pictures, off of Ebay, it was supposed to be in usable condition. It was in poor shape when I went to pick it up. It did start and when I turned on the clutch, the floor chain disintegrated and the clutch smoked. Since then, it has been completely rebuilt and not used since the rebuild. It has all new bearings, idler sprockets, new floor chain, and new paint. I rebuilt the gearbox and replaced the seals. I had an angle iron frame built to beef up the bottom of the spreader (last picture) and it had a few holes that were patched. There are a few small holes on the top flat edge of the hopper that we did not repair as they will not affect the operation of the spreader. I put a 1-year-old electric clutch on it and rewired the control panel and spreader. It has a good battery and a work light. The motor seems to run good and starts easily. The motor cover was patched and it isn’t pretty, but it is functional. I added a hopper extension made from composite lumber and added a new tarp to keep the salt dry. It also comes with a top screen and the stand that it is sitting on. I rebuilt this unit to use but have switched 1 of my salt trucks over to liquids this year and I no longer have any use for it. This will make someone a good spreader if you maintain it. I am asking for $1500 and am open to reasonable offers. Contact me by PM to look this unit over and hear it run. No Shipping, item can be picked up near Medina, OH. We can assist in loading.

V Box 03a Front.jpg

V Box 02a Right Side.jpg

V Box 01a Chute.jpg

V Box 04a Repair.jpg

2. John from OH

John from OH Member

bump to the top. I have 3 V boxes and would like to sell one of them. I have a Highway Super P8 in good condition, runs like a top, will need a chain next year, has some surface rust. I also have a Highway 7' in the same condition. I would like to sell 1 of the 3 just to free up space so my employees will have room to park this summer. Make me a reasonable offer on any of the 3. Now is the time to buy, V-boxes are cheaper in the spring than they will be next fall.