1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' v-plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by engine1wsfd4, Dec 25, 2009.

1. engine1wsfd4

engine1wsfd4 Junior Member
    from NC

whats the cost of a new 8' v-plow? Can you save alot of money installing yourself? Thank You & Merry Christmas.

2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

ESI trucks is a sponser of this website, and not too far from you in Virginia. They have listed some very attractive pricing in the past. You can see posts here from Jim or Noble with their contact info.

I have seen install prices vary from $250 to $450. The advantage of doing it yourself is that you will have some familiarity with the unit. The disadvantage is that if you do something incorrectly, it could be very expensive.

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Installation instructions from Boss are very easy to follow, and I highly recommend you do the install yourself as it can save up to $500, and like 2COR517 said you gain great familiarity of the plow.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

just priced a 9'2" boss v xt steel unit for $5600 installed and $5800 for the poly

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I see your in NC, only a few hours from us I would think. We have done many installs for guys that drove up from NC.
    We charge 400 for install....if you order ahead(no tax) your looking at 5090.00 installed and out the door on the 8.2 steel VXT

7. JT's Plow

JT's Plow Junior Member

I would recommend saving money (between 500-700 dollars) and installing yourself. Like everybody says' it isn't that difficult and gets you familiar with it. I took one off- modified a broken push-beam support and installed on my truck- wired and done- in 6 hours by myself. Good luck buddy!

8. engine1wsfd4

engine1wsfd4 Junior Member
    from NC

Thank you for your info.
    Blessings!