1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' V-box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mullis56, Apr 11, 2006.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Capacity in tons? What is the Sno-Way 8' or Buyers 8' capaicity in yards/tons?

Thanks!

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sand, Salt, or Cinders it makes a huge difference.

Ken

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Capacity in yards will be the same - regardless of brand. An 8' Vbox with a 16" chain will hold two yards of material. Material will weigh:

Weight of sand per yard:
    Coarse sand (dry) --2700#
    Coarse sand (wet)--3240#

Weight of salt per yard:
    Salt - coarse 1350#
    Salt - fine 2025#

Someone else may be able to help with cinders.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

new to sanding

just got a Flink 8' sander at the state surplus auction, couldnt pass up the price. Motor is a little rough looking, but I have a good one, I figured I would just swap it rather than invest any time into fixing the old one. I thought the capacity on these units was either 1.6 or 1.8 yards. I was hoping I'd only be carrying about 3 or 4000, but 6000+ is a little heavy. I've got a dually on new ten plys, so even if it ends up being 6000 I think I can do it. I need to find a drive chain and the wiring looks a little sketchy, wheres a good place to learn about the wiring and whats needed? I've never had a sander before, so I dont really even know how to operate it. thanks, Dan

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you've got a 12" chain, it would be 1.8 cu yd with a 8' box. With a dually, you should be good for full capacity, anyway, whether it is 1.8 or 2 yards. As far as the wiring, I can't help much with that. I think Flink is out of business, so there isn't likely anyway to get a wiring diagram. Your best bet may be an electrician or a small engine repair shop. As far as how it operates, just start tracing the shaft from the motor to the chain in the Vbox. It'll become pretty clear.

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

measuring from outside to outside of chain is 16 inches. Guess that makes it a 2 yard. I'm going to start looking for airbags for the rear.