1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' trip edge too heavy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by greymare89, Oct 27, 2011.

1. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Boss' website lists the 8' trip edge at 788 lbs compared to 698 lbs for the 8' full trip plow. I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD and have the chance to buy a 7'6 hd mm2 fisher at a good price or the 8' trip edge boss (both around the same price). I have a feeling the Fisher will be sold before I can get money to the guy since he's in another state. If I went with the 8' boss trip edge will I be setting myself up for disaster? At 788 lbs is is much heavy than most plows comprable in its size. Like I said the truck is a 2003 so things are starting to get loose, I don't want to be breaking things on the truck left and right.....

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7'6 won't clear your front of the truck. The Boss is much better for that truck. Even the new Chevy will sag.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

grandview is right on the 7'6 being to small. I have an 8'2 poly V on my 03 2500HD which is heavier than the Boss plow you looked at,my truck has no timbrens and barely sags at all.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

8 footer is not to heavy for your truck.

5. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

I happen to have an 8' Boss trip edge off the front of my 2500HD. Handles it quite well IMO.

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Grandview really again, with the GM bashing...
    I'll put anyone of my GM's against your turd, oops frog, ah man Forp.....

Greymare you'll be fine. Timbrens & 4 turns in the bars & you'll even know the plow is on.

7. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Taking posts a little personal? Its a known fact because of the suspension set up. A Chevy does squat more....he's not saying one or the other is better. I love my Ford for plowing, and if I had the money, I'd have a Chevy as a personal truck because they ride so much better!

But just for comparison sake...I put a 9'2 Vxt on my 250...and get less than 3/4 inch of drop in scoop mode...the guy down the street has 2+ in or drop with a regular 8'2 blade...

But I do love the way they ride!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Just messing with Grand, I know his Ford, will outpush my GM's :laughing: