1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' trip edge slams left or right???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrwinter, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mrwinter

mrwinter Member
    from Boston

After a tonights storm my blade slams to the left or right, The pistons look black and when the blade is up I can move it an inch or so back and forth. Any input anyone??

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

My cylinders on mine are black. Its so the cylinders don't rust when the blade is not being used and sitting in the off season. My plow angles quickly. When you say push the plow, can you push the plow and see the cylinder collapse like its going to angle whichever way you push it? Could be a leaking valve. Does it drift to one side or the other when you are driving around?

3. mrwinter

mrwinter Member
    from Boston

Thanks for your reply. My plow when angles slams to the side to stop with a small tap of the controller.Yes I can see the cylinders collapse and it dose not drift when driving around.