1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8" surprise this morning...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TL697, Mar 14, 2008.

1. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

We were supposed to get a light dusting overnight, maybe...

Woke up around 4:30AM, we had a light dusting...

Woke up around 6AM, we had 6-8"...

I plowed til around 5PM...

I just got up from a nap.

Sorry no pics. I took the camera w/ me, but never got a chance to use it. :(

Also, I got stuck at 6:15AM, in my own drive ditch, was lucky, and was on the road by 7AM...

What a day...
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

u lucky *******..............it only takes 12 secs to take a pic:realmad:

p.s. i didnt know b a sta rd was a bad word. (insert dizzy smiley here)
  3. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

qoute: :dizzy:p.s. i didnt know b a sta rd was a bad word. (insert dizzy smiley here):dizzy:

its not....... but here on ps well ya know...........:drinkup::drinkup:
  4. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

I just noticed that you were from Divide. Didn't know anybody from this area was on this site. I live in Woodland Park, yeah, that was quite a surprise. I got up at 3am and went and checked out some of my accounts and nothing was sticking, came back home and BAM...it started sticking FAST!!! We were back out at it at 4:30am and basically crapped my pants watching it come down the way it did. Gotta love the weathermen around here!

We were pushing slush around 11am, just wait til we get those 18" surprises, I bet there's one coming this spring! payup
  5. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Yeah, I've heard of you guys. Don't you guys do the walmart?

If you ever need any help, let me know.
  6. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

No surprises tonight! 6-10" tonight and 2-4" tomorrow. Probably could use an extra guy tonight or early morning tomorrow if you're interested. You'll probably be swamped with your own accounts though.

This storm looks like it's gonna be a mess! Good luck tonight. Give me a call if you're interested, we're in the Echo Pages Phone Book under landscaping.

Make sure you make it out of your driveway this time:p

Talk to ya later,
  7. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Actually, I don't have too many of my own accounts yet... I've been doing a bunch of sub work. I'm dependable, have my own equipment, and insurance.

Most of my accounts are residential, so I usually do the commercial sub stuff first and then take care of my own stuff. With 6-10", I'll probably have to break off for an hour or so, just so my accounts don't get out of hand...

I'll call my regular guy and see what his needs are, and if necessary, I'll give you guys a call. Also, I may call tomorrow morning when I finish my normal stuff. My regular guy usually cuts me after everything is "under control".

AND, I'll try not to get stuck this time... :dizzy:
  8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

OK, is it just me or did like half of this thread disappear? I think it had something to do with the 8" comments. :rolleyes:
  9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You are right, they were pretty good too. Not to the mods liking though
  10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Sometimes they just have no sense of humour.

But this is supposed to be a professional forum. Ahem.