1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 straight with wing vs 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by alsam116, Oct 19, 2009.

1. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

this might be a vey obvious question but i thought id ask anyway. would a 810pp be faster than a 8 with a set of danger wings or would they be about the same in production times? i know the wings are $5-$600 but a different blade would be $2500- $3500. Is it worth the extra $ to buy the blade or keep the blade i have and install wings,
    thanks for you answer in advance guys,
    Alex

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

it all depends on what kind of plowing u do. if u need (or want) the abilitly to suck in a wing here or there then i guess u want a power plow. what about a speedwing?

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

This one's been beat up quite a bit, but I'll try to recap it for you so you don't have to do a search... ;)

Pushing straight ahead and stacking all night, they're probably about the same. Windrowing, the powerplow/speedwing wins hands down. Versatility (not having to get out and take wings off between sites, drive throughs, etc, 810 no question. Driveways, clearing a 10' driveway in one pass, obviously the 810... All a matter of what you need, what works best for you. If you're on one site all night pushing aisles to the end, a poor man's blizzard may work just fine.

4. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

ive already got the straight and can get a pp for probably $2500 from a local who doesnt use it(came with a truck he bought). the lots are large 7 acres so the width wont be a problem like a drive thru would be. i just would like to know wat would be the best option for me. i wouldnt even change my set-up but the guy i sub for is going to pay per push on this one lot so im trying to figure out the best route.
    Thanks for the quick response, alex

5. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Have an 800 and 2 860's with wings and a 810. 810 will by far push more snow then any of them even with wings. I also have a set of wings for my 810. Then I can really move some snow.

6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

If you dont go with the 810 youll soon be wishing you did.

7. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

What wings are you running on the 810? Danger Wings? Did you have to do anything to the blade? I am thinking I would really like these on my 810.

8. purpleranger519

from Kansas

I've made all of my wings myself. They are similar to the danger wings, but mine only cost me the $40 or so in material a set and the time it took me. I ended up making my own due to the fact I waited about a year on DangerWings.

9. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

How about some pics of the wings you made. You are right for the cost I should just make my own.

10. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

get the 810 for 2500 where is it at maybe I will get it instead but if you think an 810 will move snow try a 8611lp on a ford 550

11. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

Thanks for all the responses guys.i didnt know i would have to wait for jerre to make wings.i guess ill go look at the 810 sometime this week.
    Thanks again, alex

12. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I work in Florence so if you buy that plow let me know, Id be interested in buying your's. or if you don't buy it I would like to.. I need a plow soon and i'm having a hard time finding what i want for the right price.

13. purpleranger519

from Kansas

info sent. sorry it took me so long.

14. 3311

3311 Senior Member

How about some pics on here. Don't be scared

15. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

well the guy with the 810 wants 3500 so thats out of the question... Can you put a price on a set of wings for me ;). haha or atleast some pics and measurements so i can get a good idea of how to build them(id rather have you build a set and ship them to me:nod:) thanks for any info i appreciate it,
    Alex

16. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

got a used one on craigs list not as much pm me if interested