1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8" straight blade will not turn left or right

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TurfTalent, Jan 2, 2010.

1. TurfTalent

TurfTalent Junior Member

I have a Boss 8" straight blade will not turn left or right. Raises and lowers just fine but wont turn. Any suggestions?

2. whillysfreak

whillysfreak Junior Member

check the solenoid?

3. SilentK

SilentK Junior Member
    from Maine

Hydraulic fluid?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Odd to lose them both unless you just didn't state that it's already fully angled in one direction.

Checking both angle coils for magnetism is the first place to start. Do they have it? For identification the inner coil is angle left, the outer is angle right. Check them both while a helper runs the controls. Be VERY careful of unexpected blade movement while doing so.

5. TurfTalent

TurfTalent Junior Member

Solenoid clicks, but no response. Fluid level is good. The blade is turned all the way to one side so maybe its is just one side not responding allowing it to go back.

6. whillysfreak

whillysfreak Junior Member

You check all of them? the ones on the pump and the one under the hood? I had mine go bad I could go left and right just not up or down the one under the hood that is. it sucked to i was just starting a drive when it did it. If you got a volt tester or have one you can use get one more person to run the plow while you test it to see if its getting volts I would do it on all them then you will know for sure if it a power or solenoid problem. Good luck

7. Indy

Indy Senior Member

be careful

B&B help me with this before, it was a bad ground for me, but when you find it the plow can buck when you least expect it.

Good luck

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The motor doesn't even run? Then that would be a controller issue. I can explain how to hot wire the controller to see if the pump then runs and the left angle function works if you want to go that route. Just need a few jumper wires and some steady hands.

9. TurfTalent

TurfTalent Junior Member

You were right, it was a controller issue. Switched controllers and problem solved. Should have tried this at least second or third instead of last. Thanks for the help

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you're up and running. It's always a wise idea to have access to a spare controller. Makes pinpointing an issue much easier and will really save some hair pulling at times. wesport