1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' stainless sno-way

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by brickslayer, Nov 16, 2008.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I'm looking at buying a 8' stainless steal sno-way. I haven't seen it yet but I do know that it came off a 2006 dodge diesel. Everything comes with it. The controler he explained is a palm held. The seller said he bought it Dec 07. Couple of questions cause this is my first plow and I know nothing about them: What should I look for on the sno-way? Did Snow-way sell more then one version of the 8' stainless steal? ( I see downpressure always BOLDLY advertized. Was that an option ? Or did all the 8's have it on last years model?) Also Is 2500.00 too much for it? Any one have a mount for a 2000 dodge 2500? THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!ussmileyflag

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Down pressure would have been an option on this plow. It is a great feature for back dragging and scraping up hard pack.

3. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Like I stated I have not seen the plow yet. Also If I did I don't know what to look for any ways. Got any pics showing the down pressure setup? How much is that if it doesn't have it?

4. toby4492

Identification of the model can be done through the serial # plate on the plow a-frame. If the plow was purchased new in Dec 07 it should be a 29 series model. In this case if equipped with the DP option the serial # would start with 29D. The down pressure option is not retrofittable in the field. The plow was either produced as a gravity or down pressure model. Your Sno-Way retailer can order the mount to fit your 2000 Dodge 2500 as it is available through the factory. I would say that the price is very fair for a plow that is stainless and less than a year old IMO. Thanks for considering Sno-Way.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's a great price for a one year old SS 29 series even if you have to buy the mount and EIS wiring.

So jump on it, cheap way to own a piece of industry leading technology

6. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I hoped I montioned that I was an official NUBE. It actually is a snow dogg plow. you seem to know your stuff. Whats your opinion? And do you know if they started to make mounts for a 2000 dodge 2500 yet?

7. toby4492

My opinion........................................................look for a Sno-Way :nod:.

http://www.snoway.com

If you look at my signature you will see why.

8. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I think I agree. I am willing to pay 3K for a near perfect sno way that will fit my 2000 dodge diesel. Anybody know of one near Milwaukee WI? Actually anything that will fit for a great deal........