1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Pusher on Bobcat

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lacymanagement, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Lacymanagement

Lacymanagement Junior Member

Hello all! Does anyone have experience running an 8 foot pusher on a 763 Bobcat. It's a 46 hp machine. Brand new stock tires. We will be plowing with the storm as it is a zero tolerance account. Was thinking about a boss 8ft with a metal cutting edge. Thanks in advance!

2. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

You should be fine we run a 10 ft box on our skid steers

3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

It will be fine, company I worked for ran 8's on all our skids to keep them moving and it worked out great.

4. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I have a 8ft Express box on mine works good. I hope you buy a trip style or rubber edge. I have seen guys do damage to property and machine with steel edge.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We run a 10ft on our S185, the key to it is getting a good scrape for good traction.

6. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Do you use steel trip or rubber?

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Currently have a rubber but would like a steel.

8. SWestwood

SWestwood Junior Member

We currently run a John Deere skidsteer with an 8' steel snow pusher from Pro-Tech. Picked it up last season. Thing works awesome.

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I'm assuming you mean steel cutting edge. Is this a tripper pusher or just steel cutting edge. There is a difference in my opinion. For damage and safety reasons.

10. SWestwood

SWestwood Junior Member

FredG,

Yes it's a pusher with a trip. It has a blue material, I think some sort of poly that is like the trip instead of steel springs.

11. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Got to be awesome. I would like to have one my rubber cutting edge pusher is still useful not very old. I was looking at a sectional before I bought mine. I guess it was the spread $ between the two.

12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its not fair to compare a steel edge with trip to a rubber edge pusher.
    There is so much more going on in a steel trip edge pusher.

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I have no idea whats fair, And I'm not comparing. Anyone that has moved snow would no the steel sectional or trip edge would be a more useful tool. Did I make the right decision buying the rubber edge probably not.