1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Push Box: What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joe2113, Dec 5, 2010.

1. joe2113

joe2113 Junior Member
    from Midwest

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

3. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

looking at the first picture, the rubber cutting edges looks like they are about 1/8" thick..........
    They are probably super cheap in price, for a reason....

4. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

I would be careful due to the cheap price. Try North Shore Truck and Equipment. They make a really nice pusher for a few hundred more. We have a few of them and have never had a problem

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

I wouldn't hesitate if you have some welding skills and metal on hand, if it brakes you can stiffen it up and also put thicker rubber on if needed. For that money you can't go to wrong IMO

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Ditto.

And they are close.

7. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

scrap it after 2 years and get a new one and you still do OK :laughing:

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

How the heck can you tell that from "midwest" ?????????? :confused:

Either way, it's kind of an "interesting" array of products the seller has. I'm sure service after the sale would be top-notch. You'll just have to wait in line behind the pewter teddy bear that needs to be soldered together...............:laughing:

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The pushers are close for you and me. Closer to you.

10. bln

bln Senior Member

I have an 8' protech used 1 season. $1,000

11. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Obiously not a brand name. For sure home made. Good price, but dont expect it to hold up like a major brand one

12. joe2113

joe2113 Junior Member
    from Midwest

Haha I didn't check out what else they were selling, "would you like a pair of birkenstock sandals to go with your push box today sir?"

This account is the main reason i want one, but I've got a few others nearby that it would work with too. Right now I'm plowing this lot with an 04 F350 powerstroke and a 8' Hiniker C-Plow.
    The blue X's are where I can put snow..... it gets hauled away quite a bit.

Plow.png

13. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

try the snow hawg from north shore truck in illinois, got mine from them. good price and its on its 4th season.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You'll definately need a good rubber edge. That looks more like a deflector. No way would it move any snow. 1.5" ones fold back, imagine a piece of thin conveyor material.