1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Pro rebuild

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tonka329, Oct 1, 2014.

1. tonka329

tonka329 Member

Here is a few pics of my 8' Pro Plow that I spent the past few weeks rebuilding and giving a new facelift. All sand blasted, the frame was powder coated gloss black. The blade was blasted and painted traditionally with the trusty airgun. Tomorrow the blade goes out to get a few thick coats of Valspar epoxy clear coat. I get the paint cheap because I'm employed with Valspar:D. All new hardware, hydraulic hoses, shock absorber and a wiring harness. I got the plow cheap so, I'm still money ahead. Hope it looks good one the front of my truck!:drinkup:

Tonka

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

plow3.jpg

plow4.jpg

plow5.jpg

2. tonka329

tonka329 Member

A few more...

plow6.jpg

plow7.jpg

plow8.jpg

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

looks like a new plow except for the uni-mount, it's old enough and shiny enough that you could put it in a museum. But if it works for you..... Great job, you should get into the restoration business! How many hours work into it?

4. tonka329

tonka329 Member

Thanks! Believe it or not, a little over 11 hours. 3 coats of primer, 4 coats of base. Then the clear. I used a heavy steel shot on the blasting so, it didn't take too long. I would like to upgrade to a newer 8' but, that will be when I get another truck

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, u work at the plant off 57?

6. tonka329

tonka329 Member

No. I'm at the Kankakee plant.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the clubhouse. You should check in the Chicago weather thread. A lot of us southsiders hang out there.

8. tonka329

tonka329 Member

Is that on this forum?