1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Pro-Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kthunter33, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

When I am pushing a heavy load, one of my angle cylinders cannot hold the weight wants to straighten out. I was wondering if anyone thinks its worth rebuilding the original cylinders or if I should just purchase new.

Anyone know the best prices on pro plus angle cylinders?
  2. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

The problem sounds more like a valve problem than a cylinder problem.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree with Yooper, if the rams are not leaking then there is nothing wrong with them. The idea that ram pistion seals failing will allow a ram to move is a common misconception. Even if there is no seal at all on the piston the ram cannot move. You need to adjust your crossover relief valves. They are either too loose or not sealing. They are ball valves with a stem and spring behind them and then an adjusting screw. You need to pull them, inspect them for damage and either replace them or re-install and adjust to the correct setting.
  4. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

Thanks Yooper and Misnick... I will take a look at the valves tonight and see if I can adjust them...