1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' pro plus western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ramrod98, Apr 11, 2011.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

just ordered a 2011 f250 xl. I figured a pro plus would be ok on it but am not totally sure as of the western site. they want to know the front weight and the back weight to look up a plow. I saw the same truck at a different dealers that had the contractor plow on it---so assume it would be ok for the one i ordered. the only thing i can tell you is that is has a gross weight of 10,000. Any feedback on this would be appreciaated. also my truck will have 245/17 tires on it instead of 265/17 all terain when it comes in.

2. BlueWing

BlueWing Member

You will not have any problems with that plow for your new truck.
    You are going to be sitting in high cotton with a new truck and a new plow!!!

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It will be fine regardless of what western says.

4. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

wondering if i will need to install timbrenss or anything wwith this truck or not ? Will it support the plow without this extra help ?

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes it will support it without Timbrens.

6. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

thanks for your help . I just waanted to make sure all was well as i ordered the western plow at the same time today when I ordered the truck . got the plow for 4283.00 instaalling myself. another 350 if they install it. I needed to cut costs wherever possible as these trucks are outrageous in price. i am ttrading my dodge ram aand am aable to keep the fisher plow that is on it. New trucck/new plow ! Going to sell my fisher mm1 7.5

7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The western will be fine on that truck, but I'd go as wide as you can, 8.5' minimum on a 3/4 ton. Thumbs Up

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Installation is no big deal. Saving the 350 will help and you will have a much better understanding and will do a better job most likely. There is alot of help and info on this site if you need it.

9. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

I ordered an 8' plow as that is what was originally quoted in the pro plow version. i upgraded it today when finally making the purchase of the truck to a pro plus version(contractor grade). i hope this wasn't a mistake now that your saying 8.5 ! I plowed with a 7.5 fisher on my 2000 dodge 1500 and it worked great. figured the 8' on the 3/4 ton was fine.

10. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It really depends on what you are plowing.

11. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

I plow between 20-25 driveways

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

For driveways and small lots,7'6" or 8' is great! Anything bigger and it gets tight on some driveways.

13. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Not when the mirrors are wider than the plow... Heck, what do I know, my 8611lp's aren't big enough and my 810 seems downright small... :nod:

14. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Your better off hitting something with a mirror than a plow.

15. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Good luck with your new setup. That plow will be fine on that truck. I feel you on the price, i'm getting into a '11 350 CC, they are outragous compared to prices a couple years ago when I bought my 250 brand new but they're a whole lot more truck now which bigger is definately better in this case. If you realize down the road you went to small or are getting into bigger lots you can always add the wings Thumbs Up

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011