1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Pro Plus on 2010 2500HD w/leveling kit...how's the anlge?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sid6062, Nov 5, 2010.

1. sid6062

sid6062 Member

As title says, hows the A arm angle? Do I need to take it lower or is this going to be ok?

And just to show off my sweet new toy.....

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Great looking rig....does look like it needs to be leveled some
  3. sid6062

sid6062 Member

Any ideas on how I can level it out? This is my first western pro plus...
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

start by replacing that worn out cutting edge....it should be 6in new
  5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Take the plow off the truck and measure the distance from the ground to the top of the reciever bracket and then look at the chart.
    13.0" – 14.5" 1
    14.5" – 16.0" 2
    16.0" – 17.5" 3
    17.5" – 19.0" 4
    Then you will have to reconfigure the plow to whichever dimension fits. You wll have to go westerns website and look at the installation instructions and it will show you the 4 configurations
  6. sid6062

sid6062 Member

I moved it to configuration 4. I can tell a little difference...but hows this? Good for plowing without damage to my truck and/or plow?
  7. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

How close are you to being through the cutting edge and "into" wearing the moldboard? If within 1" I'd second the recommendation on a new cutting edge. What you should do is get on a nice hard level surface and go full angle and lower the blade. If the cutting edge doesn't touch all the way across, you are not level enough. I believe Western's have a pivot that will accomodate this to an extent, so you may be alright. My meyer would not work at that angle, not enough slop and I'd be digging in one edge. If you have a garage, drop the blade on the floor at full angle and take a pic where the cutting edge meets the floor, otherwise, parkinglot or flat/level street will work.
  8. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

The scraper will help, but it doesn't appear right still. Are you sure it is set at config 4 it appears to me at config 2. ???
  9. sid6062

sid6062 Member

Yep, its at config 4. I am having my brother-in-law make me a new cutting edge. The one in the pic is only 4" so Im having him make me one thats 7" (extra inch to make up for the angle). Hopefully all works out well. I'll post more pics when its installed in a few days. Thanks!