1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Poly Pro or Pro Plus?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mklawnman, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Looking at buying one or the other just not sure which one. I am buying a 05 Chevy 2500HD. I already have a 8' Poly Pro for my F250 and it has been a great plow. Although now I am looking to get wings for the new plow but the price of Western's "Pro Wings" are $560.00 for a set that would fit on the Pro Plus. Was thinking about just getting those Pro Wings that they sell out there and using those, half the price and they seem to work from what I've been reading.
    The Poly Pro cost about $10.00 more due to the poly mold board, oil prices i guess:rolleyes: , But the Pro Plus seems more heavy duty and weighs abit more. I was worried about drilling into the poly mold board but sounds like nobody has had any issue with cracking the mold board.
    I am leaning towards the Poly Pro and buying the aftermarket Pro Wings for the new plow and getting a set for my older Poly Pro.