1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' or 8'6''

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dmjr77, Aug 30, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I am looking at 2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext Cab 4x4 with a plow prep package. I was wondering if the 8'6'' is worth the extra money or not?
    Thank You
  2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

What motor in that would help me decide.
  3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! It is a 6.0L V8.
  4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

go for the 8.6.just put the blizzard 860 on my 05 quad cab $3600 installed

JRKRACE Senior Member

It depends what you are going to plow...I had a 7.5 on my Ext Cab but I wish I had gone to an 8 FT now that I have a crew cab.I would think 8.6 is a little much. Why load up the frontend if you don't have to?
  6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I would then get the 8'6 IMO. Put some ballest in back. The weight difference of 8 and 8'6 is not much difference anyway.
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

depends on what you're planning to plow- the extra 6 inshec can mean the difference between being able to plow the driveway and taking up 3 inches of lawn with it. Being an extra cab I would normally say get the bigger for track cleaning, but definatly ballast it either way.
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I went with the 8.6' on my Ford. Helps me clear the big mirrors....