1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 or 8.6 HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mainetruck, Nov 17, 2010.

1. mainetruck

mainetruck Junior Member
    from maine

Searched form and can't find the answer.
    New to plowing, doing drive way and dirt road, say .5 mile total. Got a '06 chevy 2500hd ext cab.
    Do i go with the 8 foot fisher HD or the 8.6 fisher HD? its only $70 bucks diff. My normal thinking is bigger is always better but is that the case here, do i need or want the extra 1/2 foot? Fisher Ematch says I can run either without any problems

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I have an 8'HD and wish I had an 8.6' or 9' and I do mostly (like 99%) drives.
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Like with most things in life, we all wish for bigger! For the price difference, go for 8'6" because you'll have much less tracking through your windrows.
  4. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

i would go with the 8 and a half, like said above you wont drive over your windrows and even that little bit more of blade helps, i was gonna get a 8 1/2 before for my old truck but bought a truck with the xls
  5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

8 and half.