1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' or 7'6'' on 2002 f250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rfed32, Jan 26, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

how many guys out there run 7'6'' blades on the 1999 and up f250's i know lots of people who have 8footers but just wondering

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 7'6" Boss on my 04 F-250 and it is a bit*h trying to plow with it. It is way too small. I had this plow switched over from my 01 Dodge 1500 because it was only 1 year old. I ordered the Boss wings and they are awesome! The wings bring the plow out to right about 9ft. If I were you, looking to buy a new plow, I would buy, bare minimum, 8ft. I would probably get a 8.5 footer. If you look at Boss' plows, there is only 39 pounds difference between the 8 and 8.5. Just my 0.02.:)

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I have a 7'6" Meyer on my 04 F250 and have had no problems. But, I suppose it would be nice to have a bigger blade. I have done big lots and some smaller ones.

Since I do some driveways, however, I like the versatility.

4. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I have the 8.5 foot Western Pro Plus on my F350. I don't think I would put anything smaller on!! I still get a little tire splash with the blade angled all the way and going around a bend in the road.
    Here is a link so you can see what my truck looks like with the 8.5 footer!

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=24625

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I vote for the 8' plow:waving:

6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Just put a 9ft curtis on my 05 dodge 2500 cummins

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

8.5, nothing smaller

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i run a 8ft footer

9. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I run an 8'--Whats the dealer recommending?

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

8' minimum and I would go with an 8 1/2'.

11. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

8 foot here awell... would like a 8.5 tho!

12. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I would go with the 8 or 8.5 but no bigger and no smaller. I have 9 footers on a few of my trucks and they're a pain on the road because they're so wide. If you angle them all the way to the side you will hit the slightest inclination , but even if it is fully angled, it's still a bear on the road. Does better plowing, unless you're plowing small roads, or small driveways.

-Thann

13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8 or more. or an 810 or a western pro plus that you can put western pro wings on.

14. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

i have a 8 foot X-Blade on the 05 2500

15. bank32

bank32 Member

I have a 7.5 myers for sale with a extra 60 pump.I live in philly also, give me a call at (267)716-6982 might be able to save you 2,000 or more on a new plow.

16. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

it wasnt for me it was for a co-worker and he asked me so i asked u guys lol...he went with an 8' meyers that he bout off of my cuz seein a lot of u guys said to go with at least an 8' i told him and told him i would talk to my cuz he picked up the whole set up for under 1800 bucks so all we need is some snow