1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' or 10' snow pusher for skid steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by evont22, Dec 10, 2011.

1. evont22

evont22 Junior Member
    from indiana

I am new to doing snow removal with skid steers as I have always ran a tractor and/or trucks. I have a 257b and 246c, and am wanting to add the 246c to the snow removal list. I was wondering is a 10' snow pusher too big for the 246c, would 8' be better? I want to be as efficient as possible, but I also know bigger is not always better. Anyone with a similar sized machine have any advice that has ran an 8', 10', or both? Thanks!

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

For your 246 -
    if running reg lug tires = 8ft pusher
    if running snow tires = 10ft pusher

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

I would run a 8' rubber or a 10' steel trip edge. I have 8' rubber ones new for $2050 and 10' steel trip for 3250. thanks, Chad Oberson 513-678-1597

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'm suprised at how much effort you put into trying to sell your inventory on this site (considering every post you make pertains to that), that you couldnt give me a simple response to a pm about some push spreader pricing.......but whatever, I already bought some new spreaders. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks.:waving:

5. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

always selling. That is why I pay plowsite to be on here. Next to my name says sponsor. I do now have all of my earthway inventory. I think when you pm me I was out. If intereseted in spreaders just go to my web site. www.obersons.com I also can help people who have questions about snow removal considering that I do more business in one night than most do in a lifetime (28+ million sq ft)!! Now 99% of people have regular skidsteer tires or tracks and if they are asking questions about blade size I bet 100% have reg. tires or tracks. As i said i like to help people and the 100's of contractors who have bought from me have asked me questions and I have always tried to help. Chad

6. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Visited your website and i gotta say WOW :eek: them prices are high I can get a new snow dogg pusher 1/2 hr away from us cheaper than driving 5 hrs to your place for more money maybe I should send everybody looking for a pusher to the dealer close to us

7. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

I am not always the cheapest but if you ever buy from me and need help I will help. I understand this business pretty good. Will help you bid and will help you understand what is the best equipment for the job. I am not very good at places like a walgreens, HOA work or a gas station I admit, but if you are bidding large parking lots from 3 acres to 100+ acres I can help because unlike most companies that sell equipment I do the work also. So if anyone want free advice just look me up and I can help.
    thanks, Chad

8. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Well thats good to know for we don't do those type of lots either we do lots over 3 acers Thumbs Up

9. tjs27

tjs27 Junior Member

evont22 - For your 246 I would run a 10' steel trip edge. A 7300lb machine and 75hp will run that box no problem with lug tires. You will also save money on salt with the steel edge.

For the record we have bought a lot of equipment and material from Chad over the last 6 years and his pricing is very fair. He has helped me understand this businees more and always willing to help me out. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his company.

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I see my last post got deleted, & this thread has turned into one that only promotes "chad" and the selling of his inventory since he's a sponsor. So "F" u guys.....and I'll tell any of you that to your face.....you know who I'm talking about. Thanks :waving:

11. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:.......Seems like a Grease Ball salesman to me....

12. evont22

evont22 Junior Member
    from indiana

thank you all for the info, especially chad. And as far as the prices, they seem more than reasonable.

13. 350yddr

350yddr Junior Member

We're renting a 246C for the winter, put a Blizzard 8611 power plow (8'-11') on it. So far we've had no measurable snow to test it out with. Keep us posted on what you go with and how everything works out? Best of luck!

14. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

This year we are running a 8' trip edge on a 246c. Last year we ran the same pusher on a bobcat s250. after a 4" wet heavy snow, we came to the conclusion that the 246c can definitley run a 10'. Im not sure in the difference between steel trip edge and rubber edge, as far as what hp is required, but the 246 can handle the 8' with ease.

15. Sooner

Sooner Member

I have a 246B with lug tires. We run a 10' Pusher with rubber edge and it seems to be about right. Granted, we get mostly wet snow in these parts. I would recommend an 8' for your application.

16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I cant believe this post is still here(&my last post)....my post that got deleted was much calmer than either of these....thats what pissed me off. Its funny on how "they" are selective on who gets to express their opinion.

17. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

We run a 10' on a 248, It handles it very well. We also have snow tires

18. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

The other thing to remember is: Does the size of the pusher work on my site? Do I need something smaller for tighter areas? since maybe that is your smallest machine? Good Luck

19. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

just unloaded 10' trip edge pushers they are $3250 if interested only have 3 available.

20. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

We run a 12' rubber edge on our S650 Bobcat