1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' mm1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peteo1, Jan 4, 2014.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

What's it worth? No rot, some surface rust, complete wiring for Ford.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a two plug or three plug? What does the wiring fit?

3. peteo1

Two plug I believe and I think it fits 99-03 (?) Ford

4. jimmycrackcorn

jimmycrackcorn Member
    from boston

Mine is a 2 plug on a 97 f350. If it was trying to sell it I would think anywhere from $900-$1200 if it was in great condition. Although I've seen upwards of 1700 on CL for old ass 8ft MM with the SEHP setup. It all depends on its condition & what's coming with it. Push Plates? Cut up harness or a legitimately removed harness, controller? PPL get lazy when they are done with things and don't want them anymore. Not saying you are, just don't know if its yours or your looking to buy one.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  5. peteo1

I was debating buying it and selling the wiring for whatever that's worth, probably not much. I was thinking I'd take the blade and a frame and use it for a skid steer plow

6. jimmycrackcorn

jimmycrackcorn Member
    from boston

Who knows, the wiring could be worth something if in good condition.. I have a set of push plates I almost sent to the dump, I googled them just by chance and seen em going for $200-$300 bucks on eBay. Glad I didn't dump em.. Look up the cost of the harness from fisher and sell it for half or a quarter... Or donate it to someone on the site.

Not for nothing but, in my area I found a handful of PPL practically giving away old solid speedcast frames & mold boards. I have no idea how these plows attach to a skid steer, but if the brand/model don't make a difference in how hard it will be to fab up to your skid steer I'd grab an oldy and throw it on.

Not to sound naive but, how does that work anyways, do you use the auxiliary hydro connections on the skid to angle left/right & obviously the arms for up/down. I never seen anything but pushers on them around here. I like the idea, sounds real useful.

7. peteo1

Only reason I'm going with this one is its priced right to where if need be I could keep it as a back up or we have a junk mm1 mold board laying around that I could hack up to make a set of wings. As far as the hookups you just need a skid steer coupler plate, some flow restrictors, a few other pieces and you're all set. They run off the auxiliary hydraulics.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  8. jimmycrackcorn

jimmycrackcorn Member
    from boston

What are they asking for it?

I'm trying to replace my moldboard, I kicked the dang thing the other day & put my boot right through it.. Might as well have kicked my self in the a$$ cuz that's what I'm doing now in hindsight of my actions...LOL. So since then been looking for a new one but not sure what will just "bolt up". Would you happen to know?

9. peteo1

I'm not exactly sure. There's a bunch of guys on here that could tell you for sure though. You could also give a quick call to your local dealer too. Personally I'd trust the dealer over some guy on the internet. Lol