1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Meyer with Xpress mount Dollie?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ByDesign, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Hey all,

Just bought a 8' Meyer with the Xpress mount setup. I Need a way to move the plow around when it is off the truck. I tried buying a harbor freight dollie rated @ 1k, but it snapped as soon as the plow touched it. What I am looking for it ways that you roll your plow around when not in use. I will need to be rolling mine from the back yard to the ally way to get it to mount on my truck. The total distance is about 20' and for the most part level. There is asphalt in the alley with loose pebbles so I need a way for it to roll over.

What are your ideas? Share with me what you have done, how well it works, and what you might do different. Also, did you build it, or buy it? How much did it cost you?

Thanx,

Mike

2. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Bueller....anyone....Bueller?

3. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

2x6 boards using lag screws to hold together. go to a tractor supply store and pick out whatever casters you want. i put a 9ft western on mine.

4. jkski

jkski Member

I used a furniture dolly made of hardwood with some heavy duty casters (similar to what you purcahsed and crushed but more heavy duty). The dolly was about the width of the back legs of the plow (where the mount/dismount cylinder drops down). I then took two 2x6 boards and cut them to about 4 foot in length and screwed them into the dolly so that they extended out under the back of the legs, that way when dismounting, the plow sat on top of the 2x6's which wee on top of the dolly and the legs, when extended down, hit the 2x6's and allowed the plow to dismount and sit level. For the type of terrain you are talking about, you might look to find some pneumatic casters or something that will roll easier over rough ground.
    Hope this helps.

5. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

a pallet jack