1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Low Pro pickup dump bed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieseld, Mar 23, 2014.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Gas tank not included. I cannot raise the dump all the way as the fuel tank is wired in. I do have a picture of it raised but I do not know how to post it. I can text it. This dump insert is not even noticeable in the back of the truck. Most people do not even realize I have it. Located in NW suburbs of IL.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you build that?

4. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

That's pretty cool! I've never seen a low pro insert like that.

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I did not build it. Here is the deal. I bought this from a friend who bought it new. The guy who was building them went out of business. The motor was originally installed inside the rear of the pickup box but we relocated it into the front of the inside of the dump box as you see in the pictures to get it out of the elements. We asked the guy to build a short bed version and he did not have nay interest in dong that. He could not figure out why he was not selling any of these when the guys who had them loved them. The reason is because everyone has a short bed. And he went out of business. The bulkhead/cab guard also folds back down when you are not hauling and the diamond plate makes it look like a toolbox in the truck, if that makes sense. This thing is legit and is great. But I have two dump trucks and a dump trailer already and do not need it anymore. I have it in the back of a C2500HD with timbrens and it will haul and dump anything.

6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210