1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' HD wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ctmower, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ctmower

ctmower Member
    from CT

Just wondering if Fisher makes wings for my 8' Fisher HD. Could of sworn I saw a guy this morning at my local coffee shop that had the same plow as me but had one ft wings on both sides and it definitely wasnt the XLS model..

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Nope, the Xtreme V is the only one that offers wings.

Buyers makes a universal set called Pro Wings.

3. ctmower

ctmower Member
    from CT

Thats exactly what I saw on it.. Think there worth while or a waste of moneY????

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I don't know. I bought a set, then sold them without installing them. I can tell you this though, wings are a damn blessing. They cut your time WAY down. But, with the Pro Wings you have to drill a whole in the moleboard...Hit something substantial and you may cause damage to your plow. Hopefully it will just wreck the wing.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

How much are those wings?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

pro wings are definitely great.. i plowed a storage garage with a 7'6" straight blade and i was angry the entire time. then the boss put pro wings on it, after that i was happy to plow that place. lots and lots of time saved with them- and if/when you hit something it usually just breaks or bends the rubbers

8. DARCO_PM

DARCO_PM Junior Member
    from CT

9. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I'm interested too. PICS PLEASE???!?!?!?!!

10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

there's another thread with pics of my 04 with the wings on- Search Pro wings

11. grec-o-face

hmmmm... I looked, no luck. Can you drop a link?

12. FordFisherman

from 06611

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Guy's, I never put the wings on my plow. I couldn't come to terms with drilling holes in my plow that first year. I ended up selling the plow that off season and bought the XLS.

In fact, I think I sold my set to FordFishermen.?.?

14. grec-o-face

I hear ya on the drilling --- kinda iffy on that too.

15. FordFisherman

from 06611

Trust me, with the time you save with wings justfies a few holes drilled into the moldboard.

16. scottsam

scottsam Junior Member
    from so. CT

Fabricated wings for Fisher 8' HD

I made wings for my Fisher MM2 Hd 8' plow. I looked at all the plow manufacturer’s web sites for blade wings. Fisher had wings for their V-plow and Western had wings that were similar. I didn't want to drill holes in my moldboard since my plow was only a few years old. Before I purchased the 04 Chevy 2500HD with the Fisher 8' MM2 HD, I had a Meyer ST-90 plow with pro wings. That plow worked well. I fabricated the wings for the Fisher. I made patterns for the wings using 1x3 spruce and 1/4" luan plywood. I used the 1/4" luan to make the ribs. I hot glued the mock-ups and clamped them to my Fisher moldboard. I used a 1/4" x10 inch flitch plate material for the rib and support material. I used the cutting torch to cut the 1/4" steel ribs and supports. I used the reciprocating saw to cut the angle iron that supports the cutting edge. I bent the 5/8" round stock with the torch and anvil. I used the angle grinder to smooth out the ribs and other parts I flame cut. I used 14 gauge sheet metal for the wing blades. I bent the blade radius with my box and pan brake. I welded all the parts with my Lincoln stick welder. I used the pro-wing rubber cutting edges for the cutting edges on the wings. I cut them to width with a utility knife.
    The wings work very well. I mounted the wings to the moldboard drilling three holes per side. One 5/8" pin goes into the trip spring mount and two 5/8" diameter holes in the outer ribs. The 5/8" rods on the wings fit into these holes. When I first used the wings I caught a curb and bent the horizontal wing support and pulled the wing pin out of the blade rib. To fix it I threaded the lower pin and put a 5/8" nut on it with a hitch pin clip to keep the nut from falling off. I used a lynch pin on the upper 5/8" rod into the blade. The only problems I have with the wings are the rubber cutting edges. I tore the right one. I replaced it with other rubber flap material that I had. I need a more durable cutting edge material that is still flexible. I have to repaint the wings and touch up the plow paint in the next few weeks.

DSC03554.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03559.JPG

DSC03558.JPG

DSC03548.JPG

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Those wings look GREAT! nice job!

18. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Those look awesome!

19. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Scottsam, nice job on those.

For the op, I have the buyers wings on mine and absolutely love them things. Best investment and they never come off. Such time savings and aggrevation savings:)

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

Scottsam: Bravo man! I've seem some fab jobs in the past that were either questionable or just down right ugly. Those appear to be OEM quality and definitely functionable.

Now if we someone can convince Fisher to throw these into production once and for all. I'd be willing to bet they already have designs and plans ready to do so.....not sure what they're waiting on.