1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 FT Snow Dogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by KAG, Dec 22, 2008.

1. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Been looking at these mainly because of cost, I do like the stainless steel blade they use. As I only have 1 dealer for these (Kansas) which is about 120 miles away. He quoted me $4700 + tax installed on a new 08 HD2500 Chevy. I just think this is too high from what I have been reading. I am exploring either going to Nebraska, Missouri, or Iowa to get one. Any thoughts on what I could consider a realistic cost for one? For the price he is asking I just feel it getting right up there in the BOSS, Western, or Snow-way area.

FYI - Using Hiniker V-plows on my skid steers but do not want to spend that kind of money to outfit this truck as it will see only limited use. I really like using SS to plow with.

2. Eads Lawn Care

Eads Lawn Care Junior Member
    from MO

I had an 8ft SnowDogg put on a 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD for 4500 installed. This was at Knapheide in KCMO

3. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Thanks maybe thats the place to go to as its about the same distance from here.

4. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I called them and I ordered a EX80. Installed with Timbren load boosters is $4650.00

Because of the holidays it will be a week or so before install.

Thanks for the input.

5. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Update

Waiting for install. Well the guys in KC now have to order parts that they 1st said were in stock and ready to mount. A wiring harness, they said they hope it comes this week. This is just dragging. Oh well........

6. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Called Buyers:

Pleasant, prompt in addressing my concerns. Looked the order up to the dealer and they said they did not know why it had not shipped yet but they would get it out today to them. :)

7. Eads Lawn Care

from MO

Yeah i had to wait about 3 days for the plow mount and the harness to come in for my specific truck, by the way what salesman did you deal with?

8. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Take a pic of the truck and plow when on.

9. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Tim is the guy I have been dealing with.

Still not installed. That much more Expensive Snow-Way that is 30 miles away but from a different dealer is starting to look not so expensive.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. Eads Lawn Care

from MO

I dealed with Bud and had really good service, he stayed on top of things. Had a solenoid burn up and had it there at 7 th next morning and a was gone by 8. Other than that we havent had much snow to push to really try the plow out.

11. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I know things are looking grim so far this year for snow. Seems most of the storms are staying north of us. I had originally optimistically figured on 14 pushable events but now I am just hoping for 7. We have really only had 1 here so far.

As for this dealer....I am just trying to be patient.:)

12. michaelc

michaelc Junior Member

i have an ex80 installed on my 2000 f-250 superduty i am very impressed with the way it will move snow i think you will find it should be worth the wait

13. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Finally Installed

Just got back from Kansas City (140 miles) and the EX80 is finally installed with Timbren load boosters. It took about 8hrs for the install. There was about a $400 difference in quoted installed price and what I paid but thats something for me to deal with tomorrow. Out the door $5300.:confused:

I had a chance to look at the plow side by side next to a Western set up and I noted a few things. The SD has a larger more aggressive mold board, not to mention Stainless steel.. The frame and mounts on the Western were much more solid looking. The lighting on the SD seems slightly nicer.

We had trouble unhooking the SD and re-mounting it. The tech said because of the new paint and thats its making it tight right now. Getting the plow jack out was difficult but once out it mounted up to the plow easily. I like the controller, simple, straight forward, and should be easy to manage by feel and not have to look at it while using it.

With the load boosters on there was actually very little sag on the front end but the ground clearance to frame mount could be better. As I loaded the blade on my trailer to take it home I did not drive around with it on but I will tomorrow see how it rides.

Now if will just snow I can make it pay for itself. It looks like it will really throw some snow on quick passes. I wish they had wings. All in all with out having pushed with it yet I am happy.:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  14. Eads Lawn Care

from MO

Yeah all together we had had about $4,900 with the timbrens but i installed them myself. The mounting can be a hassle the first few times but once you get it figured out its simple. The front end only drops about half inch with plow on.

15. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Amen to that. It took me 40 minutes to get it mounted. I used WD40 on everything and it helped a lot. I can see where with use it should get easier. The hard black plastic they use on the electrical connectors was tough getting them together because the plastic is not very pliable in cold temps. I am going to have to get a 2inch lift kit put on because the truck mount bottoms out on slight dips and humps. I took some pics and will post them when I get time.

16. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

You guys should have used us. We are open 24 hours during snow storms of 2" or more. They aren't. And we are family owned and not some big corporation who only cares about the almighty dollar.

17. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

:gunsfiring::gunsfiring::confused:
    thats just what happens service is everything and some people just dont get it

18. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I called your company a couple of times. Your off of Harvester Rd, you offered to sell me a plow and load it on my trailer but not install it. You said my model and year w/diesel was not recommended and you did not want the liability.You even offered to have one of your techs install it off the clock and he would even charge me the same rate but with no guarantee through your business on the install. I was the guy who was in KC picking my son up at the airport as he was arriving from Alaska.

Been there, done that before.....just not going to do it twice.

19. KAG

KAG Senior Member

As usual as these things go

20. Eads Lawn Care

from MO

Yeah we talked to American about an 8ft poly boss, had money in hand and they said oh well lets look at the schedule and said oh its gonna be next week, and salesman didnt really acted like he cared so went to Knapheide had a plow on the truck three days later, and as far as service they have been really helpful.