1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 ft poly stright blade on my 95 f-250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DRBLawnBuster, Oct 21, 2010.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

So i have the option of either using a 8ft poly blade on my truck or a 7.5 poly blade.
    how well will my 95 f-250 handle a 8ft blade? It almost seems way to big for the truck? DOes anyone know the weight differnce between the 8ft blade and the 7.5?
  2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Keep an eye on the drivers side front axle tube. They have a habit of cracking under the leaf spring. It happened to mine and I bought a replacement from a junkyard for $40.

From the research I have done, poly plows are generally heavier than steel blades. I don't think there will be much difference in weight between the 7.5 and 8 footer.

You will definitely want the 8 footer though. With the blade angled, you will barely clear beyond the width of the tires. When turning, you will surely be running over your windrows if you don't add wings. The longer the truck, the wider the plow needs to be. I have a crew cab long bed and easily run over my windrow with an 8' blade and wings.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010