1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 ft monroe sand spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by buckwheat_la, Jan 15, 2010.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i am looking at possibly buying a monroe 8ft spreader, seems to be in good shape, asking price is $1500 anyone have any thoughts, (keep in mind this is alberta, it probably ran through a lot more sand then salt

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

pics? .........

3. buckwheat_la

4. cretebaby

I would go get that right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like it is brand new.

5. buckwheat_la

just got off the phone with the guy, it is only one year old, but he is in the middle of no where in alberta and can't seem to get rid of it, i am walking out the door, i have a long drive ahead of me, lol

6. buckwheat_la

bought it, thanks for the advice

7. buckwheat_la

anyone know if someone sells these online

8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you got a steal........Good luck with it!!

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

very nice find!!!

10. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Very good buy. good thing you jumped on it right away. Good luck with it. If this is yourfirst V box are you set up to handle bulk sand or salt?

11. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

I upgraded to that exact one from a sno ex 8500. I love it. It takes every it put in it. The only thing I hate is when you run it and stop it. The clutch system. I have never had a problem with the clutch but i hate salting little stuff all the on and off just make me think that its going to get replaced someday. But this is my 3rd year with it and No problems so far. But you just want to make sure the rubber belt is tight or that thing will squeal.

12. buckwheat_la

i well be running bulk sand mix with a small pea gravel, doesn't really clump up which is really nice, the funny thing was i was going to buy a buyers tgs06 but now i am set, i also have 2 heated shops, so if i have extra left in the box i can leave it parked inside, looking at building a block sand shed next

13. buckwheat_la

got the spreader today, like brand new, no rust, all original paint, i am one lucky guy. Anyone have any ideas as to places to find parts for this beast if i ever have a break down? also, what is the item most likely to wear? is there any parts i should always have on hand? advice is always appreciated

14. cretebaby

Monroe, WI. :nod:

15. buckwheat_la

lol, thanks, just was on their website, couldn't find a dealer in canada until i selected snow removal products, found dealer that is only 2 hrs away

16. cretebaby

That's good.

Nice to have a dealer within driving distance.

Good Luck with your spreader, make sure to take some action shots.

17. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

There's always mail order, I'd stock the common stuff. Throttle control, belt(if any) ETC. Not telling you anything you don't know I'm sure.