1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 Ft meyers on a 1986 Ramcharger ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Mdirrigation, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I was wondering on opinions of puting this heavy plow on the ramcharger, I know that i will need ballast , just wondering if anybody has run one like this

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Meyer plows are lighter in weight generally than some of the other plows out there so you should be okay and the frame should be stout enough too but I would say atleast 500lb of ballast because of the short wheel base though.

3. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I know my 7.5 ST meyers was quite a load on my 87 Ramcharger, but they had old springs on it. Actually had 79 snow commander frame and springs. But I absolutely loved plowing with that 106" short wheelbase and my full time transfer case in low range.

I think you may need some help in the front spring area with an 8 footer.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

One nice thing about those old fulltime cases, they were "sweet" for plowing snow.