1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 foot stainless x wanted

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Jun 3, 2009.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

I have a MM2 8 foot straight blade HD.... I'm looking to get a stainless of the same size. It looks like I can just swap out the blade/mold board.... Looks like I just need to disconnect the large center pin and the two hydralic pistons and then re install new blade/mold board.... Any one know where i can buy just that part? I know a guy named Brian was on here but I cant locate him....

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Sell yours and buy a Xblade. That moleboard and set up isnt cheap.

Oh and fisher dealers sell them. I am sure it will cost you about 2g when you are done pricing it out
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think Big Dave is right. I'm not even sure you can use your A-Frame, others would know better. Plus, there's probably not much demand for just your moldboard. Now's a good time be buying a plow. My dealer is still offering last years price on new equipment, and used stuff should be down on price. Wait to sell yours this fall for the best price.

Oh yeah, I think you will have to change your truck wiring too.
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

wiring is same if he had a MM2
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I thought the Xblade was multiplex like the XV. They show an adaptor to run an x blade on xv wiring.
  6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

The wiring is the same as the Hd blades. The adaptor is to run a straight blade on v controls. Your looking for Brian Davis. Great guy to deal with, and can get what ever you need.