1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 foot Kage System on New Holland LS 180

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skywalker, Feb 9, 2011.

1. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

We have an LS 180 2 speed skid steer, looking to get more accounts in a small lakeside community, real tight stuff, cottages on top of one another, trucks are a pain to plow with, have a Pro Tech Pusher, but it wont do driveways, is this Kage system as kick ass as it looks.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Why don't you just add an edge to the top of your pusher? I don't see the Kage being great for drives. What would you do leave the box end frame piece in the street back drag away from the garage door then go get the box end frame and push it away? Heck at that point you would probably be faster with just a plow or a snow bucket. I don't know I could be way off base but just seems like too much busyness.

3. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

i want a power angle for the skid steer, i have a commercial lot right near by also, the skid steer would free up a truck to do other parts of town, i like toys so spendin the 6 large is of no concern, im a 38 year eternal batchelor. i can leave the cage box at one of the rentals on the lake i own, so ditching it is easy. just wanted to know if that system is wicked, it looks good on film

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Off topic i know but, you own a lake??

5. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

no lake just some cottages on the lake

6. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

I would look at it. Brickman does a hospital by me and they run 2 kage plows on a couple of cat skid steers. I stopped by 1 day and talked to them about the plows. They said before they had a plow, and bucket there. Then the wheel loader had to come by and push all the snow piles around and it was a pain. Plus they said the plows were really crappy. last year they added 2 of them and they said they have drastically cut down on time on the site, and the things make a world of difference. I want to buy one sometime in the future.

Nicholas: your on the right track, what you do is, disconnect the sides in the street, go plow the drive into the road with the plow, then hook back up to the pusher and keep pushing to the next drive. Just like they do in the video. I cant imagine the amount of time it would save. Another company around me runs the snow wolfs or what ever they are (off brand of Kage since they have the original patent for it and gave them permission to build one) and they use them at a condo, and do just that. Said its great since they can put 1 loader on the condo site, and it can do the entire thing. Before it was a skid with a bucket and then a truck had to clear the roads. With these, when the box is to much to push, angle the plow (another great advantage, angle pusher) and the snow spills off and you can keep going.

7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Wallenpaupak??

8. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

Lake Edinboro, Edinboro Pa 16412

9. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

10. bristolturf

I forgot where I saw it, I think it was somewhere on here actually. But Kage was the first one out with this system and there are quite a few differences between the two.

The kage uses compression springs vs extension springs, it has true oscillation, and the cutting edge is 5/8" vs 1/2". I have seen both up close, and the kage just looks like a much better piece of equipment than the snow wolf

11. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Daniels straight blade with pusher kit is another option for you. It's a cross between a blade and a box.

12. fci

fci Senior Member

I would like to see the Kage and the Snow Wolf side by side in a competition and see how they hold up after a few years. They both look like well built systems and I think they are priced about the same.

13. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

why not just a plow on a skid why you need a pusher?

14. bristolturf

When your doing a large lot, you can take the pusher off and just use the plow, making the pushing go quicker since you arent filling up. Then after words, you put the pusher attachment on, and you can stack the snow then, pile it up etc. Stacking snow with a plow is a little difficult. Then say you have an area like an alley or a loading dock where the snow needs to come out, or you can windrow it either way, put the sides on and your set to go.

By utilizing this piece of equipment you can eliminate having to send a pick up and skid loader to a site to plow. the skid can do both and in less time. And its the only pusher out there that can angle.