1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 foot HD what are good prices

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by daninline, Jan 25, 2009.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Hey everyone on Monday I'm going to call some places near me for prices. What's a good price for a Fisher 8 foot HD? Would I save a lot if I install my self?

Thanks everyone this will be my 1st new plow :)
  2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i just bought a MM2 for 1800 but they average anywhere from $2000 to $2800 depending on condition/ age/ intensifer lights hope this helps. the only reason why i got mine for $1800 was because the guy thought there was something wrong with it but when i picked it up it worked great so i got a pretty good deal considering the condition its in. if u install it youself ull save close to $400 thats what all the big dealers charge around here me and CCHAV from plowsite did it in under 2 hours not counting push plates i dont know about ur truck but mine requires drilling of the frame and i dont trust myself doing that so i hired a guy for cheap to do it. oh and one more thing the above prices for plows thats for plow side only most of them on craigslist are plow side only
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i think hes looking for new
    i got qutoed 4300 installed for a new 8hd from my fisher dealer which i thought was a little high
  4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Cap City in RI had the best price on my XLS when I was pricing them.
  5. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

4250 installed in haverhill MA
  6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Thanks guys good info, I was thinking of going used but I think if I have to spend a grand more and get a 2 year warrenty might be worth it.
    I can install the plow my self I have a heated shop and all the tool and a lift. I'm going to give Cap world a call Monday, how's there service if there's a issue?

7. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

i bought an 07 that was only used once( thats what he said but the factory edge barely was scraped so i believed him) for $2800 with fishstick all the wiring and push plates, and i did the install my self. Its pretty easy.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

over in ny near me you're talkin around $4500 installed prolly. good luck
  9. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Its Cap City in Warwick, They have good service and are open during storms.
  10. daninline

daninline Senior Member

went to Cap City and got the last 8 footer for 4600 plus tax not installed
  11. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

that's a bit high in my book.......Did you get all the truck side stuff to go with it, or just the blade? I was quoted $4200 with fresh install. That was with removing my old relay setup and installing everything new truck side i.e. harnesses, module, fish Stik. That was in Rye, NH though.
  12. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

Just for Sheets & Grins. I called 4 or 5 places. From my area to south towards you. That 4600 is what it is in this area. Give or take $50 either way.
  13. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

I bought my 2 year old MM2 this past fall for 2500 off craigs list came with everything i needed and i installed it myself. Took about 8 hours of taking my time in my garage with basic hand tools. It would probly take me half that now if i had to do it again now that i know the tricks.
  14. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

I just priced the same plow here in CT and the best price I found was $3825 plus tax cash and carry or 4100 plus tax installed, price seems high that you got.
  15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

There is a used 8ft mm2 on Ebay for 2200 buy it now.
  16. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Well I had to get it I took the old truck off the road and I was getting prices at almost 5K not installed.
    It's a 3 plug system and we got it done this moring at about 1AM. I did all the truck side stuff like wiring and mounts. My wife put the whole plow together her self, she rocks.

Just a warning if you ever buy a Fisher plow new to install your self, you have to put just about all the off truck stuff together.
    I also got a new cutting edge for that price, and they were one of the only places that had the mount kit for a 2004 or newer F250

By the way that dam thing works great :D
  17. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Good luck with it and make sure you hang on to that wife of yours! Hopefully you already got a chance to put it to work to start paying it off. Remember the joy stick goes on the right side of the steering column.
  18. daninline

daninline Senior Member

You have that right I even snuck in a fe photo's of her doing the hard work.

We both went out yesterday to push the mud around, boy was that stuff heavy. But with the new truck and plow it kind of seem easy, boy I love diesels wesport

We got the hand control I just stick it in the seat and reach down to move the plow, I didn't want to drill any holes on the dash.... yet
  19. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I think we should have a night out with all the plow trucks someplace.. that would be insane to have that many plow trucks in one place at the sametime,
  20. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Someone gave me the idea of mounting the fish stick with velcro on my dash, that way if you have to remove it its easy clean up and no holes, I keep it right next to my shift, perfect reach