1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 foot fisher help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jdanforth, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

I have an 8 fisher mounted on a 93 f250.I noticed the last time i plowed the trip edge spring where dragging.so i put a new cutting edge on.the plow is mounted on the lowest holes to tip plow forward as far as itt is able.. even with the new blade it still drags on spring mounts,somebody plz help:cry: :cry:

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Your new cutting edge should have corrected that. I mean, they're usually about 6" high, and even at the angle of the trip edge, you'd still get some lift from a new edge. What about the shoe holes on the bottom of the trip edge -- are they dragging too? I'm baffled. Any digital photos you can upload here real quick?

~Kevin

3. all seasons

all seasons Member

post some pics if you can so that we can see what you got

4. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

new edge is 6 inches, shoe holes are slightly off ground can maybe put 2 quarters under.will shoes help if i put them in??? need to do something snow is a comming

5. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

just tried to get digital camera,kids broke it.is there another way to tip plow forward???it kinda looks like the bottom is tipped up a little?the shoe wholes barely clear even with the new edge.will shoes help this out??? thanks for youre help and time jeff

6. all seasons

all seasons Member

I am assuming that it is an old school with the frame on the truck, not a minute mount. I have an old one on my 82 gmc that I always mount to the bottom holes which will tip the blade up and forward some,but you dont get much. Does the trucks front end sag with the plow on? do you need timbrens or something of that nature? is all framework in good shape, nothing tweeked from taking out a manhole cover or something? Sounds to me like shoes will just keep the edge off the ground.

7. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

ya i fixed it,bought the truck off ebay last year,the guy must of used it to push dirt or something along that line.trip edge was bent.I put a comealong in front of plow back to frame and opened trip edge,then I cut a half inch chisel into 4 pieces and welded them in.I no its not the correct fix but it will get me by. thanks for the help:)

8. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

fixed spring clearance

just thought i would post an update on my trip edge and springs poblems.I bought this 93 f250 xlt with the regular 8 foot bed, with a venco dump off ebay last febuary.From what i can see the previous owner thought it could be used as a bulldozer.The trip edge was f^&# up.I ended up using a comalong on the trip edge back to frame to open it up.Once it was open to a 1/4 inch, i cut the heads off some bolts and welded them in the gap.I know its not the best of ideas, but with 1 foot off snow comming I had to do something.I only paid 2000.00 for truck so you have to expect little things like that.Anyways, thanks to all that responed and gave me some advice.Remember plows are not excavaters.:cool: