1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8 foot boss with wings?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JKuch, Jun 15, 2012.

1. JKuch

JKuch Junior Member

I want to upgrade one of our plows this year. I was thinking of just getting an 8 foot boss with wings. You guys that are running this type of set-up what do you think. This truck will be doing a mixture of driveways and parking lots.

2. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I use them on my skids w/trip edges they work good but this year I'm looking @ daniel's
    skid steer plows to move more snow in less time any other suggestions

3. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I have a 9 foot Boss with the Boss wings and do mostly parking lots but do do some driveways from time to time. I love the plow and wing combination. I used to have an 8-6 with the 'generic' wings and while they did work, the Boss wings definitely are alot better as far as scrapeing and also being able to take a little bit more 'abuse' from bumping into curbs and such. I certainly can see an improvement in time with vs without the wings. Does it make a straight blade into a vee as far as cleainging up, no but it is a close 2nd and I personally prefer a straight blade for the work that I do with it. There is a learning curve with the wings as far as how to use them but once you get the hang of it you can really increase your productivity. Good luck in your endevors.

4. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Our Boss plows w/ wings make it a breeze from start to finish on parking lots and roads
    They are interchangeable from our skids to our tractors I don't use pickups any longer only machinery they can clear a large parking facility at least 30% faster then pickups can
    which helps increase the bottom line at seasons end. The tractors can travel from job to job inside and outside of the communities we plow in. It might take a little longer to reach
    the destination but when they do they can move a significant amount of snow in a shot period of time