1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Fisher Speedcast

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PlowGuy314, Nov 14, 2009.

1. PlowGuy314

PlowGuy314 Junior Member
    from CT

Hi guys. I'm looking at seeing if it's possible to mount an old style Fisher Speedcast style plow on my '99 F350 diesel. I'd be getting the plow for nothing and last time it was used, it was in good working condition. Has a new cutting edge on it and new pump i think. Are there any mounts out there that would work for me, or has anyone customized a mount to make this work before? Thanks guys.

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Your speedcast A-frame should fit into a MM1 upright assembly. Mounting a belt driven pump maybe more complicated. It can be done I am sure, but without knowing your fabrication skills, it is tough to say. Take the link in my signature where I did this with a Diamond blade to a Fisher MM1 set up. Again you need to measuer the width of the A-frame and see if it will fit to the MM1uprights.
    T.J.

3. PlowGuy314

PlowGuy314 Junior Member
    from CT

thanks for the info TJS. my other option is to buy a curtis plow 3000 as my truck is already setup with the mount for it and the wiring and the controller. looking through your thread, it looks like you obviously saved a bunch of money over buying a new plow, but i'm wondering if it would be a better option for me to just try and find a used curtis for cheap. what would your suggestion be, or anyone else's for that matter? thanks.

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I guess it is a matter of preference and time. If you have the Curtiss truck side mounts and wiring then I guess you would be all set. I did the same thing. Bought a used Curtiss for my 250 Superduty for 350.00 complete less truck side mounts. I did not like the trip set up on it so I sold it and converted my existing Diamond to a Fisher MM1 set up. Best thing I ever did. You are getting late in the season to try to convert something though.
    T.J.