1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' fisher off 90 3/4 ton on a 98 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikejas, Nov 3, 2009.

1. mikejas

mikejas Junior Member

hello all, i am new to this site and need some help with my plow truck. i have a 1990 chevy heavy 3/4 ton that is beyond repair but has a 8' fisher conv. mount hydraulic plow still in good condition. i run a 1998 1/2 ton and would like to put the plow on it. will the plow frame, brackets and pullys fit? thanks in advance for any help!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Due to liability reasons it is not recommended to install a conventional mount plow on an airbag equipped vehicle.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fisher stopped supporting engine driven pumps after 1995 on Chevy's. I just called my dealer about a bracket and pulley for my 96.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You may be pleased to know that you were lied to... ;)

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/21943_101597.pdf

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I am NOT pleased. :realmad::realmad:

And you all wonder why my rope is getting short with Fisher. :laughing:

Had a line on a Hydro MM.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok so next time I'll just agree with your dealer. :D

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

NO!!!!! Then you'll be saying there is nothing wrong with the hinge, multiplexing is the future of snow plow controls, and chain lifts will always be the best.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

BTW, mikejas, didn't mean to jack your thread. B&B is correct. Putting the conventional plow on your truck is not wise. Actually illegal according to FMVSS, I beleive.

9. mikejas

mikejas Junior Member

please forgive my ignorance, but why is it not recomended/wise. what if i pull the air bag relay. does it have to do with the sensor location? i searched the fmvss and didnt find anything about plowing.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The conventional pushplates would likely prevent the airbags in your truck from functioning in an accident. Also, I believe the FMVSS pertains to weapon shaped objects projecting from the front of the truck. I'm not the expert on FMVSS, there's some old guy on here always mumbling about it..

Plus they look like crap on these trucks, IMO.......