1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' fisher MM complete

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Need your opinion: I found an 8 foot fisher mm, dont know if its a mm1 or mm2, all I know is its a 98. Never been used, sat covered up outside since 98. Includes plates and harness, everything I need for 88-98 Chevy. 8 foot is too small for my truck, but I'm thinking about buying it anyway to turn it over. What do you think its worth, or what do you think I can get for it if I resell it? I checked out some that sold on Ebay, anywhere from 1100 to 3000, prices all over the place. But winters coming so the prices are going up, right? I was going to buy the 8 footer and just add wings, but I was told that the wings are always getting damaged and to stay away from them.

2. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

$1500 Going Price

Just bought a Boss 8' for $1500 down here.
    Know you guys get more snow than we do, so maybe prices are higher up there.
    Am looking at 2 Fisher MM2's for 1500 each down here.

3. Detroitdan

wow, maybe I should come down there. all I've seen around here for mm2s are 2500-2800.

4. Detroitdan

this guy wants $2000. I thought it was half decent price considering its never been used and has the correct plates for my truck. The going price around here from used equipment guys is $2500 for the mm, then you have to go to the dealer and get harness and plates, which puts you almost at the cost of a new one. That aggravates me. I can buy a whole plow truck for less.

5. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

If its a 98, its most likely the old style pump and 2 wire setup. More of a pain in the a$$ to wire on most newer trucks and the old style pump is said to not be as good as the newer style. Not sure how much of this is true. $2000 sounds way overpriced to me.

6. tmk15

tmk15 Junior Member

I am in ny and looking for a 7 1/2 or 8 foot quick mount electric plow totally complete and ready for my 98 3/4 ton chevy any help on a good used one would be great. At this point I might even be willing to drive some for a good deal. please let me know guys tysonkreig@hotmail.com

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

ill keep my eyes open for ya.

8. danno

danno Senior Member

Is there any rust on the plow? I know you said its never been used, but sometimes having it sit outside causes moisture to buildup behind the powder coat. Make sure you go over the whole blade using your hand to feel for any "bubbles" in the paint. Especially on the lower back of the blade.

9. Detroitdan

yeah its got just a couple rust spots where it got bubbles and the rust got under the paint, but for the most part it looks new. Story goes that it was installed on a new truck at the dealer and put out for sale, guy bought the truck didnt want the plow so they took it off. It sat under a tarp behind the dealership for years, now this guy got it and brought it home but it has still never pushed snow. But for the $2000 I can buy a whole plow truck so I've decided against it.

10. tmk15

tmk15 Junior Member

plow

if your not gonna take the plow can u post the contact info of the person and where it is located so others can take a look at it?

11. Detroitdan

Yeah, it's in southern NH, I'll see if I can get the guys info for you today. I guess he also has a real decent early 90s Chevy 1500 reg cab shortbox, new motor, 7.5 MM, new paint for around 3k.

12. danno

danno Senior Member

While on the subject, Last year I picked up a mm 1 (seph) 7 1/2 from someone, in good shape. Like yours it had some bubbles. Got it with fish stick, and mounts for 325.00. Hardly used. Guy was moving to Fla.

He had it under a blue tarp also. Worst thing in the world for plows. Holds in the moisture. :nono:

13. tmk15

tmk15 Junior Member

Detroitdan??

Any news on this guys contact info or if u want email it to me at tysonkreig@hotmail.com thanks

In need of a 7 1/2 or 8 foot quick mount electric plow for my 98 chevy 3/4 ton im in ny but willing to travel for the right deal