1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Fisher Minuet Mount 02'

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RoseMan806, Mar 7, 2005.

1. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

First off I am new to this site, there is alot of good info here! Secondly I have been searching for about a 1/2 hour now to figure out if installing an 8' fisher plow on my truck is a good idea or not. There are alot of good and bad responses from what I have seen. I don't plan on doing any large commerical plowing, just driveways and maybe a parking lot here or there. The plow I have been looking into is VERY cheap and hardly used so I only need the push plates and wireing harness(NOT CHEAP!) payup

My truck is a 1997 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 5.2, 2500 diesel springs up front and a 2" add-a-leaf in the rear. From what I have seen I'll be installing a tranny cooler, temp. guage and maybe a larger pan.

Any suggestions would be great, Thanks.

-Todd

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I dont see the problem. I see many 1500's with 7.5 foot plows .. With all the add on stuff it should handle a 8 footer no problem, plus you only plan on doing driveways.The wire harness is kinda pricey though

3. RoseMan806

RoseMan806 Member

I'm planing on having this all ready by next season so I'll spread out buying equipment so I don't take a big hit all at once. Thanks for the info.

4. danno

danno Senior Member

Not too sure you should go with an 8 footer. 7.5 would be safer. Too much weight on the front axle and suspension. Even with the springs.

5. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I would agree with danno

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah, it's still a 1500 front axle- you could go 8' but I would suggest if you want an 8' get the lighter duty setup- the home system- which would be lighter.