1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Curtis Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PlowGuy314, Sep 7, 2011.

1. PlowGuy314

PlowGuy314 Junior Member
    from CT

8' Curtis snow plow. It's a 3000 dual plug model. Not sure of the year. Worked fine last time I used it earlier this year. Valves were replaced on it last season and the plow side wiring was redone. I have receipts for the work done. Only selling since I am looking to upgrade to a newer truck that already has a Fisher plow setup on it. I'll throw in the control pad for the plow with it too. I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures tomorrow when it's not so late. Selling as is for $1750 OBO.

2. davidmiz

davidmiz Junior Member

Where are you located?

3. PlowGuy314

PlowGuy314 Junior Member
    from CT

I'm right near Danbury, CT and basically 5 minutes from the New York State border. I'm trying to post pics so hopefully this works. I tried to take the best pics I could in the small area that I had to work in but they came out decent enough so that you can see it pretty good at least. Thanks.

Plow Pic #1.jpg

Plow Pic #2.jpg

Plow Pic #3.jpg

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Looks to be a pretty old Curtis atleast 8-10 years old if not more, does it have 3 springs or 4, and does it have one handle to help lock the pins or 2 handles?

5. PlowGuy314

PlowGuy314 Junior Member
    from CT

I believe its 3 springs and I know its only the one handle on the side.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Yea def an older Curtis then. They started to put a second handle on them standard like 7 years ago. As well as changing the spring design to 4 springs on an angle like this.
    [​IMG]

7. PlowGuy314

PlowGuy314 Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks for the info. I bought the plow last fall to be my first plow since my truck already had a Curtis plow frame and wiring and it served me well during the winter. Had a couple hiccups with it but it was all fixed by my dealer and it really served me well for my first plow.