1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Curtis Pro for $3,500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gmlcinc, Aug 4, 2005.

1. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

Sounds like a good deal. 8' Curtis Pro mounted for $3,500. It comes w/ 2 yr warranty also, but it's last year model setting outside on display. Think they'll take less? Also how much do lightly used (no rust, chips, ect.) 7.5-8' brand name (meyer, western, fisher, curtis, etc.) usually go for. Since this will be my first year I may get something like that instead. What you guys think?

Also what is the average mpg for F250 gas trucks?
  2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal. Did you say it's new? They were going for ALOT more around here last year. I was getting anywhere from $4-5k for an installed 8' plow.

As for used, you always roll the dice when it comes to whether or not it was abused.

You could take it to get inspected by an installer. I bought a 7.5' Meyer used and it is fantastic. Just my opinion.
  3. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Sounds like a winner. I bought my curtis last nov. It's 7.5ft paid about $3600
    It has work really well. Good luck and Think snow. payup
  4. caelach

caelach Junior Member

Just got a new plow

I just got a new Boss 8' steel full-trip with electric mount and smart control for $3300, installed. This was in CT. Tax was $200 more.
  5. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Junior Member

Sounds like a good price - I was quoted $3500 for a Curtis 8' plow installed on my F350. This is the model that does not have a trip edge. The trip-edge model was $3699 installed.

I did a lot of research between Curtis & Fisher, and ended up with a Fisher 8' HD with bolt on steel edge and hand controller for $4100 installed. The biggest thing for me was how many places serviced Curtis compared to Fisher in my area, and some side by side comparisons. Fisher is everywhere here.
  6. r01chevyz71

r01chevyz71 Junior Member

Sound like a similar price I got for the 7 1/2' hiniker, for my 1500 silverado.
    The 8' hiniker goes for 125.00 more. These are new, but last years models. This years pricing goes into effect septermber 15. If I can there soon enough I will be putting a deposit on an 8' hiniker! They only had one at this price on Friday, so hopefully it will still be there on Wednesday.
  7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

trip edge?

I was looking at a real good deal on a 8' Curtis, but it didnt occur to me that somebody would build a plow without a trip edge, so I'm not sure if it even had one! I remember looking right at the cutting edge, too. I know it had four springs on the back, what does it do, trip the entire blade like the old Meyers used to? Is this a good way of doing it, or should I keep looking for a trip edge plow?