1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Boss Trip edge vs Fisher 8' HD

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sytex17, Oct 28, 2009.

1. sytex17

sytex17 Junior Member
    from Maine

8' Boss Trip Edge
    8' Fisher HD

Has anyone owned both of these two plows?
    How does the Boss Trip Edge match up to the Fisher's?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both will scrape and backdrag like crap due to the shallow attack angle on the trip edge in comparison to the steeper attack angle on a full trip or an X-blade. Both are comparable in physical strength and routine service. The Boss will be quicker, and smoother during transit. Also easier to attach/detach as long as the ground is reasonably level. The Boss will be less expensive and easier to swap to the next truck in the future. You'd also be able to hitch to and operate any RT3 plow out there regardless of age, the Fisher you'll be limited to only a straight blade with the same plug configuration.

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

The Boss wins in every aspect, don't waste your time with the fisher, just boss

4. sytex17

sytex17 Junior Member
    from Maine

What makes the Boss so much better than the Fisher HD? Faster Hydro's?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

B&B explains

Excellent explanation, Thank you.:popcorn:

6. jitaly

jitaly Junior Member

Hey everyone, im new to the world of plowing and was curious on your feedback. I have a F350 i plan on plowing with but have no idea what kind/size of plow to get. I have mostly residential accounts, only a handful of commercial. What do you guys recommend for a beginner?

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Plywood, cheap and easy to replace.