1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' Bed swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Can anyone tell me what years GM truck beds are interchangeable? Will a new takeoff say from '12-'14 fit on an '09? Will the lights plug and play? Chevy 2500HD. Thanks
  2. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

Not 100% shure if it will fit maybe it will if you drill some new holes but 2011-2014 are a different frame from earlier years so I would have to say a bed off of a 2011-2014 will not just bolt on a earlier model u might be able to make it work tho
  3. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

to the best of my knowledge 07-13 (and 14 classic series now) truck beds should all be interchangeable. I havent heard about the frames changing but even if so I cant imagine GM changing the bolt hole locations due to the added cost. Best way to find out is to get some measurements and double check before making a purchase though
  4. Appreciate the replies guys....hard to believe there isn't an interchange available on the web.
  5. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

We took a bed from a 07 NBS long box and put it on a 2012. only thing was there was 6 bolt holes instead of 8, maybe cause it came from a half ton but it all worked perfectly