1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.6 V-plow unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 7879fordplower, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 7879fordplower

7879fordplower Member

hey all, i'm going to look at a 8.6 V-plow tomorrow and was wondering if they made MVP plus in a unimount style or if they were all just the older MVP. thanks for all your help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plus wasn't released until the Ultras were out, so ifs it's a Uni it'll just be your regular MVP...slow. :D

3. 7879fordplower

7879fordplower Member

thanks B&B. i currently have two cable wastern's so hopfuly it is faster than them. now i have another question, can the gear pump out of a MVP Plus be swaped into the MVP to speed it up if i find it to slow to my likeing?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not gonna happen without major $$$. payup If you desire the speed of the newer Western vee's it'd be in your best interests over the long run to just purchase one of those instead.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If you run conventionals now, you'll be very pleased with it's performance. I hate slow moving plows, but I love my MVP's.