1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' 6" poly atrtic plow. Need Value

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by second income, Mar 21, 2011.

1. second income

second income Member

I am looking at buying a Ford f-350 dumping rack body. It has a 8-6 artic poly installed in like new condition. We use strictly Western plows and I have no idea what this plow is worth as we would like to separate it from the truck and sell it. This truck will be used only for salting. Artic plows are not popular at all in New Jersey. Any help or interest in the plow would be greatly appreciated. I believe the plow is only 1-2 years old.

2. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

full trip or trip edge plow?

3. second income

second income Member

It is a full trip. The plow is in awesome shape,in new condtion. Since we don't see much of these around here I am having trouble placing a value on it. It will be worth more to someone who has nearby dealer support which we don't have for it near the Jersey Shore. Thanks for your help.

4. PlatinumService

new trip edge down there is around $4500 and full trips are cheaper. you could get prob $3000-$3500 for it probably

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Does your pump and motor have a cover over it or can you see it when looking at the plow. What type of controller does it have. There are 3 different ones. The most expensive one is the small joystick like the western and the other's are a large joystick or the square hand held.

6. second income

second income Member

Thank you both for getting back to me so quick. It is a joystick and does have a cover over the motor/pump. Like I said in my earlier post we deal with Western ,Boss and Meyers mostly in NJ. This plow looks good but I believe it will not be so easy to sell here. I know it is a Canadian product and I value your opinions. Thanks again and have a good summer . Lou

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are great plows. I ran one for years. I stopped when I started buying my plow in the US. The worst part is mounting them. You have to have it lined up perfect and you can manhandle it if you are out. the A frame and rams might sit a bit low also.

You might get $3000 for it but that might be high. You have the better pump and motor and if you have the small joystick they are an extra $275 up here.

In 2004 that plow was around $5000 up here. I went to Chicago to pick up 2 Blizzards and they had the Arctic on the show room floor for $2995. Not sure how we build a plow up here and ship it to Chicago and sell it for 60% of the price.

8. PlatinumService

i did not know the small joystick was more. learn something new everyday.

yeah its amazing how that and i can get canadian beer and canadian whiskey for less than half of what we can buy it for in our own backyard.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Well Cummins charged me more. I like the big joystick actually because it locks in the down position.

10. second income

second income Member

CET,
    You are right the a frame is a bit low but it it is sitting on the front end of a tired 2 wheel drive f-350. I can buy the truck and plow from a desperate guy for $1200.00. I think it is worth it to buy and wait till the fall to sell it and then go ahead with our plans to use the truck just for our Air-Flo spreader. You both have been more than helpful. Thanks again.